How to Use Yoga and Pranayama to Lose Weight Quickly
People often try to reduce weight through yoga but give up eventually when they realize that the process of reducing weight through Yoga is very slow. However, yoga and pranayama can be modified with several levels, just like jogging, strength training and intense running or weight training. Together, they can facilitate a faster weight loss.
- Start with pranayama. Download the Divya Yog pranayama by Swami Ramdev or any other yoga and pranayama video. Learn how to proceed with the pranayama. Just have a trial and get accustomed to the video.
- Adopt a good diet plan which preferably has vegetables and fruits only.
- Learn the pranayamas so that you can do them as needed without referencing the video. There are 7 basic pranayamas or breathing exercises you must do before you start your yoga. According to their suitability for you, you can skip two or three. But do not skip the Bhastrika pranayama, Kapalbhati pranayama, and the Alom Vilom pranayama. These three are the keys to reducing weight. Practicing these three breathing exercises for 1 hour each day will result in the loss of as much as 25 pounds in a month.
- Practice the Kapalbhati pranayama for 10 minutes properly. Then move on to Bhastrika pranayama and repeat the exercise 12 or 15 times. Finally, practice the Alom Vilom pranayama whenever you want. You can do it when you are sitting idle or before going to sleep. Alom Vilom pranayama is also an excellent energizer. If you are stressed and have lot of work ahead then you can do Alom Vilom pranayama for 10 minutes and you will be back in form, as if you have just woken up fresh from 12 hours of sleep.
- After the breathing exercises select 5 basic yoga postures which you like. The yoga postures should be selected in such a way that you should be able to do it with a little effort and practice. Don’t select yoga postures that are too tough.
- Check your progress weekly. You will be surprised to see how much progress you are making.