When people think about fitness and getting in shape, the most common focuses are usually exercise and diet. We know that burning calories and eating right contribute to a better body, but what about rest?
Turn off the TV and stop checking emails at least 30-45 minutes before you start falling asleep for less stress and better recovery.
Routine is known to keep you consistent, so if that means waking up early and making it happen, or going straight after a long day of work to the gym, STICK TO THAT! No matter your workout style, intensity, or preference, if you are consistent, change WILL happen.
Sometimes it’s just a success to get to the gym at ANY time during the day, but if you can avoid sweating hard right before bedtime, do so. Winding down before bed is a real thing! Don’t hype yourself up too much so that you can get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible.
On overlooked or incorrect things regarding sleep and fitness:
We tend to “wind down” by catching up on the last episode of Game of Thrones (guilty) or by checking emails in bed. Technology and the artificial lights can greatly affect our sleep cycle and quality.
People tend to look at the day differently, in a more positive way, when they give themselves the gift of exercise first thing before the daily hustle starts.
It depends on the individual and their schedules, but I’m a huge fan of wake-up workouts. Doing 15 minutes of intervals in the morning is an amazing way kick start the day. I also find that people tend to look at the day differently, in a more positive way, when they give themselves the gift of exercise first thing before the daily hustle starts.
The good thing about sleep patterns in relation to exercise is, the more you exercise the better/more rest you get. There must be a balance between working out hard and resting hard. Be sure to shut off the smartphones (blue lights) the TV, the late night eating and most of all the mind in order to get quality rest.
On overlooked or incorrect things regarding sleep and fitness:
I find many people don’t allow balance to exist between sleep and exercise/fitness. True health isn’t about constantly abusing your body through extreme gym sessions or hours of pounding the pavement, but rather by giving yourself a bit of love in the form of rest. The repair happens when your eyes shut and you shut it all off. Be mindful and create the balances.
Jessie Pavelka is an American fitness expert and television host, recently joining The Biggest Loser in Series 16 as a trainer and previously serving as a presenter on two UK television series. Follow him @JessiePavelka.
Dr. Layne Norton
Many people avoid eating before bed for fear of it making them fat. However, research does not support these fears.
Nutrition before sleep is more important than most people think. Eating sufficient amounts of protein before bed ensures that your body can recover and keep rates of muscle protein synthesis elevated.
Many people avoid eating before bed for fear of it making them fat. However, research does not support these fears. In fact a recent study demonstrated slightly greater fat loss in people who ate the majority of their carbohydrate intake at night compared to people who ate them throughout the day.
The number one reason I hear from my clients that have a poor workout is, “I didn’t get much sleep last night.
When it comes to sleep, I have my clients create a sleep schedule by setting a reminder on their phone one hour before their bedtime. I also recommend going to bed the same time every night (Sun-Thur) to create a consistent sleep cycle.
As for exercise, all of my clients are required to book their personal training sessions a week in advance and schedule their personal workout days prior to the week starting. Having my clients schedule and prioritize their sleep habits and workouts keeps them on track with their goals and improves their overall health.
On overlooked or incorrect things regarding sleep and fitness:
I find that sleep is drastically overlooked, especially when working with executives, entrepreneurs, and new mothers who sometimes get less than five hours. I believe that sleep dictates our productivity, energy, and focus. Without at least six hours of sleep some feel low energy, and struggle with their nutrition and exercise. The number one reason I hear from my clients that have a poor workout is, “I didn’t get much sleep last night.”
Be realistic about it and if you’re not a morning person, then carve out time on your lunch break each day to hit the gym, or throw you gym bag in the car in the morning so you’ll be sure to hit the weights on the way home from work.
On syncing exercise routines and sleep schedules:
When it comes to sleep and earning top results with fitness, people often underestimate how crucial of a component sleep truly is to a health & fitness regimen. More often than not, people are overworked from a stressful day on the job, then trying to hit the gym each day after work, only to come home and watch TV in bed before passing out for a measly four to five hours of rest. This vicious cycle doesn’t allow your body to recover from the day, the workouts and watching TV or using electronics right up until bedtime also isn’t helpful for a good night’s rest.
With sleep routines and fitness, it’s all about consistency. Your body will thank you when you award it with a similar bedtime each night and wake-up call each morning. I always advise my clients (and follow this rule of thumb for myself as well) to make sure they schedule their workout for the time of day that feels most natural to them, or when they have the most energy.
On overlooked or incorrect things regarding sleep and fitness:
The most overlooked thing regarding sleep and fitness is pretty simple: most people that workout each day are not getting enough rest each night. A recent Gallup poll showed that in the U.S., about 40 percent of Americans aren’t getting enough sleep.
Factor in a lack of sleep/rest with a busy work day and strenuous workout regimen as you’re trying to shed those pounds before your Hawaiian vacation, and you have a recipe for an overworked disaster, leaving your body more stressed out than rejuvenated from your newfound healthy lifestyle.
Although many of the experts we interviewed come from diverse backgrounds, they largely share a consensus when it comes to sleep and fitness:
- Make sure you’re budgeting enough time for sleep in your routine, and give your body adequate time to rest.
- Getting your workouts in early reduces likelihood of putting off the gym.
- But, more important is listening to your body’s rhythms and finding a time you can consistently stick with for long-term lifestyle changes.
- Skipping sleep time for early or extended workout sessions may not be a smart move, as both rest and exercise are important, working together to deliver results.
Do you use any of the strategies recommended here? What’s your ideal time of day to workout, or what habits do you find make it easier to fit both healthy sleep and good workouts into your day?
Speed up the process to that summer tan and bikini body by jumping into the pool. Yes, the treadmill is fun, and so are those dumbbells, but they only offer a portion of what a swim workout does. From toning your core to speeding up your metabolism, there are several reasons why you should consider swimming your new go-to. Grab a suit and find out the 10 reasons why you should start swimming!
- It’s a total-body workout. Swimming tackles everything from sculpting your back to toning your arms—all without having to pick up a weight. Rather than needing a plan to work specific muscles, all four strokes work to strengthen your entire body.
2. It’s joint-friendly. If you’re recovering from an injury and are eager to build strength, then look into starting a swimming routine to stay fit. If running is your passion, then swimming is a great way to work out on recovery days, allowing knees a rest from the pavement.
3. It’s muscle-lengthening. If you’re worried about bulking up (which you shouldn’t be), then consider swimming. Swimming combines resistance training with cardio, building lean muscle and boosting your metabolism. It also puts your body through a range of movements, helping your muscles stay long and flexible.
4. It’s helpful with exercise-induced asthma. Many swimmers first jump into the pool to relieve exercise-induced asthma. This is because swimming allows you to work out in moist air, reducing asthma symptoms. Because swimming requires some breath control, it also improves your overall lung and breathing capacity.
Error: Break shortcode syntax invalid
5. It doesn’t require fancy equipment. That’s right; you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars to swim. All you need is a swimsuit, cap, and goggles. Even if you do decide to add more equipment (e.g. a kickboard), they are rather inexpensive, and chances are your local pool has a few handy.
6. It’s a great way to burn calories. Those myths about swimmers and calorie intake aren’t false. That’s because one hour of moderate swimming can burn around 500 calories. This revs up your metabolism, continuing the burn well after you’ve stepped off the deck.
7. There are several variations. The workouts are endless when it comes to the pool. Beyond all four strokes, you can kick, pull, or even use the wall for push-ups! Grab a friend and try this interval workout.
8. It’s optimal for cross-training. Avoid elliptical burnout and a gym-class rut by trading gym workouts for the pool. A swim workout will actually improve overall performance at the gym (and vice versa!) When you’re training for a marathon or any other competition, jumping in the pool can offer you an extra edge over your competitors.
9. It maximizes your cardio. Swimming is the ultimate aerobic activity. There is more breath control compared to running, thus an increased demand for oxygen, causing your muscles to work harder. Because of this, you can get more bang for you buck in a short amount of time.
10. It’s refreshing. Jumping into a pool is refreshing! You don’t need to be a professional swimmer to reap the benefits. Have fun with it, and enjoy being in the water. If anything, you’ll walk away with a nice tan and an endorphin kick!
While top lacrosse players are skilled passers and catchers and the ball stays in the air much of the game, at lower levels of youth lacrosse, you’ll see more ground balls. Teaching your kids how to play ground balls and practicing this skill can take your team from a contender to a consistent winner.
Play through ground balls
One of the first things to teach your players the footwork for ground balls. If they run to a ground ball and stop, they lose momentum and allow opponents to overtake them, block them out or steal the ball. Lacrosse players should use dynamic balance when playing ground balls, running to them and finding a speed they can use to multi-task when they get to the ball. This multi-tasking includes looking to see where opponents are, locating teammates and then playing the ball by picking it up or kicking or slapping it away from an opponent.
Roll balls to your players and have them practice running to the ball full speed, decelerating as they near the ball to prepare for their multi-tasking, then accelerating through a scoop and pickup. Once players are able to reach balls, control their body and pick balls up, have them practice quickly passing the ball to a teammate.
When players have found their footwork for playing ground balls, have them practice ground balls with an opponent chasing them from behind, coming towards them, and approaching them from each side (one at a time). Have them practice playing ground balls from the left and right sides of their bodies.
To impress upon young players how important dynamic balance is, have them practice running to a ball, stopping, and then picking it up and passing it. They will immediately see the difference this makes and how it limits their ability to play offensively.
Practice moving the ball
Players won’t always be able to pick up a ball when they reach it because an opponent is in hot pursuit or arrives at the same time. Teach your players how to “dribble” a ball with their foot to keep it away from an opponent and set up a better pickup or scoop location. Have your players practice using their feet and sticks to bump the ball away from an opponent and set to set up a better scoop location.
Work on boxing out opponents
There will be times when you must stop when you arrive at a ground ball to deal with an opponent who also wants the ball. Johns Hopkins University long-stick midfielder Mike Pellegrino demonstrates how to box out opponents, then kicking or sticking the ball to a better position for a pickup and pass.
If you think yoga might not be for you, I urge you to reconsider. Here are seven of my top reasons why you should start doing yoga as soon as you can.
1. It’s a great workout.
First of all and most obviously, yoga is a fantastic workout for your body. You can adapt the practices to your own speed and level of comfort. No matter which yoga exercises you choose, the practices will always be part of a great workout routine. There are some fantastic series of movements out there that are perfect for every kind of day and for every kind of person, meaning there’s no reason not to start doing some yoga as soon as you can.
2. It gets you in touch with your body.
Yoga stretches and exercises are designed around the idea of moving your body to increase its strength and durability. Therefore, doing yoga on a regular basis will really get you to be much more in tune with your body and know when something is really working and when it isn’t.
Of course, this isn’t always a good thing, as it can be discouraging when certain exercises aren’t working for your body the way they were the day before; however, it does have its benefits, and it makes improvements in your physical state that are much more pronounced and noticeable.
3. It can help your breathing technique.
A big part of yoga is the breathing exercises–or the pranayama–which are incorporated into positions and then on their own. The exercises encourage a more focused and centered way of breathing, and while they might not be something you’ll do consciously every day, they’re absolutely sure to provide methods of effective stress-management and generally make you feel much better.
Plus, as someone with asthma, it really helps to open your lungs and explore what it means to breath consciously. Trust me: do those pranayamas for a few weeks, and you’ll feel the benefits.
4. It can improve your sleep.
Another minor but pleasant benefit is that doing yoga can actually help you get better sleep. This might be due to the fact that a few sequences of poses and movements are intended to be done right before sleep, but regardless, studies have shown that doing some light physical activity before our heads hit the hay can help us get off to sleep more quickly, which usually leads to a much better quality of sleep.
It also might be due to the fact that if you have problems getting to sleep, working on problem-areas through yoga can help alleviate pain symptoms and increase the likelihood of better sleep. Another possibility is that most yoga sessions have a cool-down sequence at the end, which can definitely induce some easy slumber. As someone who’s fallen asleep in class many a time–to the point where my mat neighbor and I have a buddy system in case one of us starts snoring–believe me, this really works and should be done at home.
5. It will improve your posture.
Yoga is pretty effective at helping you develop some premium, proper posture, since a lot of the breathing and seated positions require a straight back for proper effect. Good posture is definitely going to develop during yoga practice.
You’ll start off slouching and slumped, reflecting the figure of someone who spends most of the day at their desk–believe me, I’ve been there–and yoga will help sculpt your back into the kind of poised posture that’ll make you walk taller and feel immensely better about it.
6. It can develop your physical and mental strength.
Another side effect of yoga is that it will help you develop some truly incredible mental and physical strength. The whole point of yoga is to work on your body’s strength so that you can sit for longer in meditation, and the physical investment in the stretches and positions ensures that you’ll experience plenty of physical strength benefits as a result.
The breathing exercises can improve your lung capacity, and lunges and stretches can increase your core strength as well as every muscle you can think of; meanwhile, the exercises force you to focus on the moment, and during meditation, to clear your mind, which helps alleviate stress and improve your mental health.
7. Meditation can change your life for the better.
Meditation, meditation, meditation. It’s really the key to all things yoga. Even if you can do every kind of complicated pose under the sun, it loses all of its true meaning if it’s not done with focus and thought. Meditation has been shown time and time again to be a beneficial practice that everyone should implement into their daily routine.
Meditation isn’t necessarily sitting with a bowl of incense and working your way through a book of Tibetan chants in a darkened, candlelit room–rather, you can meditate anywhere quiet and at absolutely any time you like. All it takes is five minutes with some alone time and peace and quiet. Meditation improves your quality of life by allowing your mind some time to process everything that goes on in your life. It’s a hugely important and integral part of yoga practice and something that can really change your life, allowing you to embrace calmness and serenity with ease.
Increasing your cadence may be just what you need.
Cadence is the number of times your foot strikes the ground in a given time period, usually measured per minute. Because forward movement only happens when your feet strike the ground, it behooves you to get them off the ground as quickly as possible.
Your height, weight, leg and stride length and running ability will determine your optimal cadence. Everyday runners generally fall between 160-170 steps per minute, while elite runners strike the ground around 180 steps per minute or higher—with some getting above 200 at their fastest speeds.
Determine Your Cadence
On your next run, count the number of times each foot strikes the ground. To make it simpler, pick either your right or left foot, count the number of times it strikes the ground in a minute and multiply that by two. This is your training cadence.
There is a difference between a training cadence and a speed workout/racing cadence. Generally, your speed workout/racing cadence will be faster. Determine your cadence for both types of runs.
Improve Your Cadence
Improving cadence is not difficult, but it does take time. Give yourself six to eight weeks for your body to adapt to your new turnover. There are several ways to introduce a faster cadence into your runs. The top three are highlighted below.
1. Use a Metronome
A metronome is a device that produces a predetermined number, beats or clicks per minute that enable you to train by keeping a constant rhythm your body can recognize. Metronomes are great because you don’t have to count the number of steps you take per minute. Just set your desired number of beats per minute and run to the rhythm.
Visualization, also called guided imagery, is the mental rehearsal of an activity. Athletes use visualization to mimic a desired outcome of a race or training session, or to simply relax. Through visualization, you train your mind and body to perform the skill you are imagining.
Studies with the bodies of athletes visualizing performances while hooked up to a monitor show that visualization mimics the stresses of an actual race. Their hearts beat faster, breaths quicken, awareness heightens and muscles tighten as though they were running a race.
Visualize yourself running with a faster cadence and notice how your body automatically adjusts to the rhythm in your mind.
3. Run in Place
Stand in front of a mirror with your feet shoulder-width apart. Position your arms and hands as though you were running. Run in place as fast as you can, bringing your knees halfway up. Make sure your knees are pointing straight ahead and your heels are not touching the ground.
Run for 20 seconds, and then rest for one minute. Count the number of times your right foot strikes the ground. Repeat the drill two more times. Perform this drill a couple times per week. Note whether the number of times your right foot hits the ground increases. With this drill, you are teaching your feet to get off the ground as quickly as possible, which translates into a faster cadence.
To avoid injury, increase your cadence by no more than two to five steps per minute. Don’t try to get your cadence up to 180 strikes per minute in one session. Increases in time and distance should also be gradual.
For example, begin by running one minute at a faster cadence, return to your original cadence for three to five minutes, and then run at the faster cadence again. Play with time to see what works for you.
Another option would be to increase cadence by distance. For example, run every third mile at a higher cadence. The key is to continue to make the length of time/distance longer until your whole run is performed at a higher cadence.
Your body may need six to eight weeks to adapt to your higher cadence, but it will adapt and become part of muscle memory.
When you teach your body how to do something, such as ride a bike or run at a faster cadence, it creates a physiological road map you can draw on at any time. So the next time you line up for a race or a run, you won’t have to think about your legs turning over quickly; they already will.
Apart from the fitness freaks, there are very few these days who take up cycling. The trend of men and women cycling has been replaced by biking as it involves less exercise, quicker commutation and less tiredness. Increasingly large numbers of people are buying bikes instead of cycles so as to reach their destinations sooner and waste no time. But little do they know that cycling has got its own benefits for your health due to which there are still so many seniors who prefer cycling just to remain fit. If you find a friend motivating you to cycle, what are the reasons to do so? Check out something cool about the valid reasons to choose cycling over biking.
- You’ll get to the place sooner: If you travel by bike in the major cities of UK, you will reach the place in less than half the time that you take in cars as per researches. If you choose to drive for 1 hour during the rush hour when the traffic is huge, you will most probably spend more than 30 minutes going just nowhere averaging at 7mph, as compared to an average of 12-15 mph when you choose cycling.
- You’ll get more sleep: When you cycle to your office, the amount of workout that you do will make your more tired than what you are when you ride a bike and hence this will definitely improve the quality of the sleep that you get. As per researches by Stanford University School of Medicine, it has been recommended to sufferers of insomnia to cycle for 20-30 minutes regularly. After they did, it was seen that the time that they needed to fall asleep was reduced to half and their total sleep time was increased by 1 hour.
- Improves the movement of your bowels: According to experts from Bristol University, there are too many benefits of cycling. Due to excess physical activity, it decreases the time that food takes to pass through the large intestine, restrains the amount of water that is absorbed and thereby leaves you better bowel movement. Aerobic exercise increases your heart rate and breathing and this helps contraction and stimulation of intestinal muscles.
- Makes you look younger: Stanford University scientists have also found out that cycling can safeguard your skin against all the harmful impacts of UV radiation and lessen signs of aging. Enhanced blood circulation due to exercise delivers oxygen to skin cells and helps flush out all toxins. Exercise also creates a good environment for optimising the production of collagen, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Keeps illnesses at bay: There’s a proverb which says an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Forget apples, you just have to take to cycling in order to maintain a distance from the doctors. People who cycle for 30 minutes and about 5 days a week suffer from fewer diseases.
Therefore, if you’re looking forward to practice more cycling only to reap the benefits on your health, you may consider the above mentioned points.
If you are searching for a dynamic and healthy activity for your kids, then karate classes in Toronto are an outstanding pursuit. Introducing kids to the martial arts gives them an enduring activity that develops with them and delivers an enjoyable passage for their energy. So what are the main aspects of choosing karate classes? Here they are:
• Addressing a fear
The major reason that a lot of parents do not sign up their kids in karate classes is not that they may get injure, however rather it will make them aggressive and they will represent their lessons around other kids. However, it is not the truth. Karate instructors in Toronto claim that it will be applied just in suitable situations: in training classes, in competitive contests and for self-defense just if no other opportunity is accessible. Students who do not wish to stick to these prospects are not permitted to move on or stay in the school. Luckily, kids respond to a suitable modeling of expectations and they do not take their lessons away from the training class.
• Benefits to kids learning martial arts
Take into account that karate classes Toronto offers are educating self-assurance and respect, in addition to delivering sound physical exercise. Kids have are very significant life skills, particularly for those who do not grow up physically as quick as others. The self-assurance that comes from realizing how to do something and how to defend oneself, lessens fear and develops sense of worth. This translates into good grades and leadership in school. Karate for kids gives emphasis to respect for others, especially for parents and other adults. When parents understand this, their relationships with their kids stay balanced and calm, as kids grow up and come into traditionally disloyal years. As a final point, karate is an enduring physical activity. One time a kid enters into classes, it is something he or she will be capable to follow at any stage of life, where on earth they are.
• Finding a suitable karate classes in Toronto
When searching for karate classes for your kid or kids, look for a place that presents karate for children. Make a call and ask how young kids can start, and if they have classes for your kid’s age group. In addition you can pay them a visit. During your visit, examine a class and pay your attention to how excited the students are; that is the most excellent indicator of the level of the teaching. After observing the lesson, introduce your kid and talk to the instructor. You, your kid and the teacher should be comfortable with one another, after the first nervousness wears off.
Al Murphy is established as a content developer for a range of online content networks (featuring companies like Revmma.com – Krav Maga classes in Toronto), who focuses on a range of Krav Maga and karate classes for kids topics and other related areas. A restless traveler of internet space and a true connoisseur of anything of significance to the Krav Maga and karate classes for kids.
The objective of playing slots online is to win. Winning a sometimes life can change depending on the distribution. If you are a player who wants to make money, you can do with a simple trick: play for fun.
You have to bet $ 100 at a casino. Your challenge is to double your money. What challenge are you going?
Is there a double game strategy funds to $ 100 slot machines? Assuming that you are a slots game pure luck, I have news for you. Instead of waiting for the game at random and on the best methods that can give about luck as much as if you had to pay $ 100 for betting money on your favorite gaming table.
Have high expectations, every time you play slots online can be felt disappointed and angry. You never have this option if you jump into the slots in the hope of fun. Many times I think players who have experience playing slots in traditional casinos online can be more likely.
Modern casino slots computer chips and software-controlled rates and lost preprogrammed into the software.
Casino slots have Random Number Generators (RNG), the combinations are generated continuously, even when the machine is played. Running simultaneously with the RNG of the casino slot machine is the rate of payment.
Online slot games is one of the most played games are available. This is the only game with a lot of issues in the casino. When searching for slots, look out for winning combinations. Casinos in 70% stake in casino revenue due to its growing popularity in the world of online slot game is played by people of all ages thanks to its simple rules. No skills in these games depend on luck, most of the time. You also need to hit the jackpot in the game before you see one if you go for the jackpot.
In general, the odds and payback percentages of online casinos are the same as for brick and mortar casinos. In fact, here in the digital age can find a lot of the same technology in online games that are used in Las Vegas, especially with online slot machines, slot machines modern digital generators using random numbers. Most reputable websites that offer online games publish payout percentage audits to be verifiable.
Do not cross your budget. I prefer online slots to fit your budget to go. Besides his bet (based on your budget), the more likely you money. So if you spend $ 100 in a session, and do not stick to slots humble with the minimum expenditure of rotation. How can you lose your chance and win in online slots are the same, make sure you do not spend your hard earned money without thinking twice. Instead, make sure that you feel more and more intelligent of the law! What is meant here is that you need to invest wisely and get the most pleasure.
Be sure to use the bonus rounds that have been through the slots. This approach helps a good opportunity to earn extra credits. But then, at the same time, but also improves the risk of losing the credits previously earned.
The fact that cricket, which has an approximate 120 million players worldwide, is not included in the Olympics is a matter that still befuddles many a professional cricket player or fan. The game that only comes second to soccer in popularity worldwide has only been played once in the Olympics. This happened 115 years ago in the 1900 Summer Olympics in France where Great Britain won the game by 158 runs. The game went on to grow deeper roots all over the world and the matter of being included in the Olympics is only a matter of time. It is of great comfort to cricket viewers that there are still major cricket events and among this is the Asia Cup 2016 T20.
The Asia Cup 2016 T20 Tournament
This is a Twenty20 International cricket tournament that will be hosted by Bangladesh starting from 24 February and ending in 6 March. The 2016 edition will feature the hosts, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India and another country to be decided from the qualifier to be held between 19 February and 22 February. Sri Lanka will be heading into the tournament as the defending champions after winning the final against Pakistan back in 2014. The approximate viewership numbers for the 2014 event was about 133.1 million viewers which marked a 57% rise from the numbers of viewers of the Cup in 2010. The growing demand for the broadcast of the events is very evident from these numbers and to facilitate the viewing of the event, there has to be a reliable and convenient solution offered to the viewers.
YuppTV presents an exclusive telecast of 2016 Microsoft Asia Cup T20 and the viewer only has to register online to have access to this service. Through the service, the viewer can watch all the games through any internet enabled device. This ranges from smart phones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs and any other convenient device in use by the viewer. All the games in the tournament will be broadcast and this provides a reliable service for the viewer to conveniently follow throughout the whole tournament. Every memorable moment in the tournament can be watched as long as the viewer has a reliable internet connection. The tension and the rivalry that exists between the teams is a critical ingredient in the game of cricket and not a single fan would like to miss this critical component of the game. This adds more weight to the importance of this service and highlights the true purpose of it which is to enable the viewer to totally enjoy the whole tournament.
Tags: Asia Cup 2016, Asia Cup 2016 Live, Asia Cup Live Streaming, Asia Cup Cricket 2016, cricket on phone, Live Cricket
Many times there are certain biological conditions that can result in unnecessary stress and anxiety over a period of time by interfering with our daily life and stopping us from living naturally. In fact if ignored for a long period of time such health conditions might also result in unnecessary mental pressure. So it is best to find the apt solution for such problems at the right time. One such health condition is Urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is a condition that many women suffer at some point of their age. The condition is especially diagnosed in 40+ women. However, a large number of women are too shy to discuss the condition with the doctor. The condition can be very embarrassing at times, especially on social occasions as it may also lead to urine leaks.
But there is a solution to that. The condition mainly occurs due to weakness of vaginal muscles that can be caused due to menopause, childbirth etc.
But there is a solution in the form of pelvic floor exerciser, though there are many such exercisers available in the market, yet one need to be very careful while buying one as this exerciser directly works on the muscles of Vagina, a very sensitive part of the female body.
Here are some common ways that are employed by pelvic floor exerciser:
Gaining required resistance
Named after Dr. Arnold Kegel, this Kerger Toner exerciser helps women in performing the exercises as specifically instructed by Dr. Kegel. This device helps you to gain the required resistance to strengthen the muscles. As you progress and improve you can bring more loads and can graduate to next level that requires more strength.
Delivering impulses to the muscles
The power of electricity is used in these kinds of Trainers. It mainly acts by stimulating the pelvic muscles by delivering impulses. Their dual frequency setting allows the user to change the settings depending upon specific conditions and requirements.
Then there are the devices that come with multi-function settings that have specific functionalities that chiefly work upon stress incontinence, pelvic floor pain, lack of sensitivity and endurance.
Some things to remember
It is very important to discuss with the gynecologist before choosing the right kind of exerciser for you. Also it is best not to start to hard. You can start with the most basic exercises for short periods and keep on increasing the time and endurance level gradually. Also if you find any abnormal health conditions after starting the exercise you should stop immediately and consult with the doctor. Many people are so impressed by the flashy ads and the attractive taglines that they don’t think twice before buying such products. One thing that one must remember here is that these products are to be used on one of the most sensitive parts of your body that is responsible of major biological functions. So choosing a wrong product s can be extremely harmful to you.
It is in the best interest of your health to exercise your reasoning before trusting the flashy ads or professional salespersons.
Indulge in a relaxing activity
If you are looking for a way to let off the steam and stress that has accumulated over the week, you should contemplate going on a fishing expedition. Fishing is said to be one of the most relaxing activities. It has the tendency to take you to another world altogether. You will forget the stress and work-related matters and would be completely engrossed. There is something about the quietness and peace of such places that leaves you relaxed. At the end of the expedition, you will be refreshed and ready to face the world again.
However, there is one thing that people often tend to underestimate and that is the importance of making the fishing expedition fruitful. You spend the entire day fishing and if, by the end of the day, you are unable to make a catch, you are bound to feel exasperated. The lack of catch would somehow reduce the positive effects of fishing. You have spent the entire day by the sea yet have nothing to show for your efforts. This can be frustrating and worsen your mood. Thus, as appealing as the idea of fishing sounds, you need to take steps so that you do not have to return home empty-handed.
Getting your hands on the best gear
If you are looking to make a good catch, you will have to ensure that you get the best fishing gear possible. You will also need to get your hands on fishing lures. You need to ensure that you have the best quality of things available at your disposal. Before heading to make your purchases, you also need to be clear about what exactly you intend to fish for as the lure would have to be bought accordingly. You need to find a place where you would be able to make all the purchases with ease without compromising quality. There are various online sites that would be able to cater to your requirement. If you are looking for such a place, you can see this here.
Many people tend to argue that if they strive to get the highest quality of fishing gear, the costs would be too much for them to bear. While this might be true to a certain extent, instead of compromising quality to make the price affordable, it would be a better idea to look for places that offer quality products at a lower cost. Compare the rates of different places and then make your decision. You should also keep your eyes open for sales. You need to remember that you are heading out to fish to relax and have a good time. You would not want anything to set back your spirits and if this is to be made certain, you would need to ensure that you make good catches that will make you feel as though you have accomplished something.
Liverpool FC have parted company with manager Brendan Rodgers after 3 years in charge. The club directors and recruitment team have begun the process of finding a new manager. The hot favourite for the job is former Borussia Dortmund boss, Jurgen Klopp.
Klopp has been in high demand since leaving his post as Dortmund manager this summer. He is two times German football manager of the year and took the Bundesliga side to back-to-back titles during the 2011 and 2012 seasons.
The two hot favourites for the vacant manager’s job at Liverpool FC are Klopp and former Chelsea and Real Madrid Coach Carlo Ancelotti. It is understood that Klopp was the number one choice all along and is expected that he will be able to change the team for the better in the coming months.
As Liverpools form so far this season has been poor. They have only won 4 out of 11 games so far this term. The latest 1 – 1 draw against Everton was the nail in the coffin for Brendan Rodgers. The team has managed to only score 8 goals so far out of 11 games and the defence is worse than it has ever been during his 3 years in charge.
Dietmar Harmann taking Backroom Team Role
It is understood by reports from the BBC, that Jurgen has spoken with Dietmar Hamann about the prospects of managing at Anfield. The ex Liverpool and German international looks back at his time at the club as the best in his career. During that time he won everything there is to be won except the Premier League Title.
There were early reports that Jurgen is keen on having Dietmar as part of his backroom staff. Since he was appointed their new head coach Klopp has started to build his dream team. Another former player who is interested in a role on the backroom staff is Robbie Fowler. The former striker and Liverpool legend has put his name forward before when Brendan Rodgers was in charge. The role though went to another former player in Gary McAllister. It is understood that McAllister is leaving the club along with Brendan Rodgers.
Liverpool Defender Jamie Carragher Reactions
Ex Liverpool Captain Jamie Carragher believes that Klopp is the best man for the job. He believes he has proven himself with a club similar to Liverpool and is better at getting more out of players when compared to Ancelotti.
Manager Odds Free Bets Offers
Jurgen Klopp was at 1/3 on most free bets sites for taking the job. The next was Carlo Ancelotti at 5/2. These two were the outright favourites. The outside favourites for the role was Frank de Boer, the Ajax Manager at 14/1. There are free bet offers starting at 25/1 for former Milan coach Walter Mazzarri. Current Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is priced at 33/1. If you do not fancy any of those free bet offers, then you could take a punt on Brendan Rodgers next job. There are free bets sites offering 14/1 for him to become the new Sunderland boss after Dick Advocaat was fired.
This article was written by football author and enthusiast John Hawthorne. As a big fan of football John is always interested in seeing how new coaches and managers will affect his favourite teams. John also has a full time writing position for www.freebets.com.au
If you work on a computer for more than five hours a day, you qualify for workout routine to help you keep fit. Now when we say work out, we do not mean that you have to go to the park every day or sign up for a gym membership.
Best betting strategy for beginners is to do simple exercises beside your desk as they are an easy way to stay in shape. Furthermore, you can do some of these exercises as you go over your work. To remain in good health, we recommend the following simple exercises:
If you don’t have a standing desk or a treadmill, make a note of standing up and pacing about your office or the entire floor for five minutes every hour. Numerous studies show that staying seated for longer periods of time will lower your metabolism, and increases risk of cancer.
To train yourself to stand up and walk about every hour, set a ringer to go off every 60 or so minutes. Once the alarm goes off, stand up and move about or do simple stretches or yoga poses that will help you move your muscles.
If stretching every hour doesn’t seem ideal, you can visit a colleague at the far end of the floor say hello and walk back to your desk. Getting out of your seat every hour will boost your mental and emotional being, and you will get more work done!
One thing many of us do is overwork ourselves. Because we are always looking for some extra coin, some of us start the day early and skip lunch to meet deadlines. We work so hard and are only forced to stop working when we have to go home, where we continue working from.
We forget that overworking is detrimental to our well-being and health thus affecting our performance. To keep our health under control it’s important that we set rules. Some of the best betting systems to use to stay in shape are.
we should avoid working weekends and carrying work home, unless it is unavoidable
Stop having meals at the desk and always walk to the kitchen or cafeteria to have meals
Schedule breaks when working long hours to replenish strength
Come up with a sensible routine. Discipline is a critical tool if you want to stick to a routine. If you work in an office, make sure that you always arrive before time and wake up an hour or two before you are scheduled to arrive at work.
Arrange your hours in a way that you can still make lunch and your gym session without interfering with your job. If you are required to start your day early, make sure that you also retire to bed early.
Start teaching yourself not to have meals watching television. Switch of the television and have a conversation with your family over dinner. Watch maximum an hour of television and retire to bed. Wake up early and before you shower, do some stretching exercises to have a good start.
If you have to carry work home, make sure that it doesn’t interfere with your sleeping patterns. Go to bed at your scheduled time and rise at the scheduled time and carry the unfinished work to the office and finish it there.
Remember, sticking to a scheduled diet, fitness regime is a guaranteed way to remain healthy and lead a stress-free lifestyle!
The above routines can be useful when selecting the best betting systems for staying in shape and following a chosen path to staying fit and sticking with it will be the best betting strategy. When you are in good mental and physical health, you have higher chances of being the most productive at work.
This article was written and provided by John Hawthorne who is an office worker who aims at making his fellow workers improve the quality of their life. When not writing about how to increase performance John provides statistical data for www.simplythebetsus.com.
Today, motorsports are a big draw and are extremely popular with millions of people. Motorsports is a specialised area of racing that includes many types of cars, such as stock cars, and even motorcycles. When most people think of motorsports, however, they think of areas such as NASCAR, Formula One, and other racing venues and most often associate this term with the racing of automobiles. The first official race between two cars took place in the late 1800s, and since then, the sport has grown into a multi-million-dollar business that has attracted millions of fans worldwide. It is gaining in popularity yearly.
Motorsports is also called auto racing or motor racing and involves competition between cars whereby the winner is the one who finishes the race first. Motorsports claims millions of fans throughout the world, and it is immensely popular with both men and women. In fact, a recent survey found that women make up the fastest-growing segment of racing fans.
Motorsports fans love to share their experiences with other fans, whether they have attended a race in person or simply want to discuss various racers with one another. These days, fans can keep up with other fans, as well as any upcoming races, by using social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter.
Why Go With Social Media?
Nearly every individual or business these days has a presence on online social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and even YouTube. http://www.formulr.tv/ provides additional opportunities to share stories, photographs, and notes on your favourite celebrity or team. It has never been easier to keep up with your favourite team, racer, celebrity, or other entity than it is now. Simply log on, type in an address, and you’re there. Fans of motorsports find this a great way to communicate with other fans and discuss specific races and racers, as well as post pictures of events they may have attended in person.
Why rely on social media outlets? Social media outlets allow fans to connect with one another and establish camaraderie as people who share the same interest. It is not merely a way for people from all over the world to make a connection with one another; it is also a way to bond with other fans that share the same love of racing you do.
How Should You Get Started?
Fans of racing often sign up for more than one social media outlet. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube all offer fans a way to sign up for free, so it is simple to get started. All you have to do is go online and sign up for a free account, then start posting your pictures and messages to other fans worldwide! It is fun and makes you feel like you are a part of a special kind of family – a family of racing fans.
Chemistry between individuals is not always necessarily a natural thing. It cannot be forced and will not happen overnight. However, in team sports, a good chemistry between players can be a solid foundation for success. In addition to duties such as introducing and overseeing new netball drills, hockey drills and the like, one of the main responsibilities of a sports coach is to foster a good team spirit. Although chemistry between players cannot be forced, good coaching can see it grow organically over a period of time.
Emphasising Teamwork over Individuality
In any team sport, there are certain individuals who will possess a superior skill set which makes them stand out from the crowd. Although this will usually see these individuals become the shining stars of their teams, a good coach will find the right balance between fostering the individual talent and emphasising teamwork. After all, no matter how talented an individual may be, a team cannot function with only one player. This means that the merits of all players in a team must be recognised accordingly.
Although the special talents of star players need to be nurtured, coaching the team as one unit will help to build a bond between individuals and hopefully lead to the beginnings of a strong team chemistry. In addition, if everyone in the team is working towards the same goal, success may be a little less out of reach.
Working Together as One
A large proportion of the netball drills through sportplan require individual players to work towards a common end goal, coming together as one to achieve an aim. By allowing players to work together like this, team chemistry will begin to appear and grow organically. And as everyone has worked together as a group, no player will feel left out. An added bonus is that fostering good chemistry will hopefully lead to the cementing of a sound relationship between players and coach too. As mentioned on the website of leading charity Sports Coach UK, a strong relationship between coach and team is vital.
The simple equation is that a good team chemistry equals success. A team that enjoys a high level of chemistry will start to win more games. Furthermore, the more they win, the better the team chemistry.
Today, women can do almost everything that men are allowed to do. This is also true for driving a car. In fairness, we should note that sometimes women drive cars better than men do. However, a woman’s life is very different from lives of men, and there are situations when it is better to give up driving, and the question here is not about intoxication. Pregnancy – the period in a woman’s life when she should not go through any stressful situations and there are billions of them on the road. It is the presence of stress and accidents on the road due to which a pregnant women should not drive a car.
However, women are persistent. If they like to be behind the wheel, control their car and get a real pleasure from driving it, nothing can stop them. Therefore, here are some useful tips on how a pregnant woman should drive a car.
1. Always keep your car in good condition. If you suddenly notice that your car is making some strange noise or there is a strange creaking, you must immediately show your car to a mechanic to fix the problem.
2. In addition to your driver’s license in your handbag you should also have a medical exchange card and a passport – because in case of emergency you will be immediately taken to a hospital.
3. Many pregnant women believe mistakenly that the safety belt can harm the unborn baby, therefore they just ignore it. In fact, it is a common mistake, as the belt not only does not harm a baby, but it can save a baby’s life.
4. Do not ever break traffic rules, no matter what the situation is on the road. Moreover, this applies not only to pregnant women, but also to all car owners. The fact is that it is better not to meet the traffic police, because such meeting cannot be a pleasant one. The only thing you can get from such dialog is a stress.
5. Check the time regularly when leaving the house in order not to be stuck in jam. Try to carefully plan your route to avoid heavy traffic and jams. For pregnant women, it is very important to move, since seating for longer than one hour is considered harmful because there will be some stagnation in blood circulation.
6. Today, many auto parts stores offer you to purchase a special sticker on the glass or other identification marks with a help of which other drivers can immediately understand that there is a pregnant woman behind the wheel and that is very effective.
7. It is important to drive a safe car, with air bags and other safety stuff. Therefore in case you drive an old car we suggest switching to some popular models like Toyota Corolla or Honda Accord or whatever you like, because a modern car provides great safety features that are vital for safe driving.
The most important thing that every pregnant woman should remember that now she has a baby inside of her and she must not experience stress of any kind whatsoever. If you can avoid stressful situations, your pregnancy will not cause you any problems.
If you are looking for safe and comfortable car, browse online ads to find Nissan Versa, KIA Sorento and other models that are so popular among ladies.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 67 million Americans have high blood pressure. That’s one in every three people. If you are one of these 67 million, do you understand what your high blood pressure score means? If not, know that you aren’t alone. Lab tests and numbers can be confusing and difficult to make sense of. If you’re struggling to understand what your blood pressure score means, there are several websites and online apps that can help.
Blood Pressure Numbers
Your blood pressure score has two numbers, a systolic (top number) and diastolic (bottom number). You may see your blood pressure score written as 120/80 mmHg or you may hear your doctor say it as, �one hundred twenty over eighty.�
Your systolic (top) blood pressure measures how much force is being put on your arteries when your heart pumps blood out to the rest of your body. Your diastolic (bottom) blood pressure measures the force felt in your arteries when the blood is returning back to your heart.
When you measure your blood pressure, it’s important to note that your score fluctuates over time. Typically, your blood pressure will lower when you are asleep and then rise again when you wake up. Exercising can raise your blood pressure, along with feeling stressed, nervous, anxious, or excited. It’s normal for your blood pressure score to increase from time to time. However, when your blood pressure level consistently measures above normal, you could be at risk for developing several health problems. �Prehypertension� is the phrase health care providers use to let their patients know that steps must be taken to avoid developing high blood pressure.
One of the best ways to tell if you are at risk for hypertension is to measure your blood pressure levels over time. There are some apps where you can enter and then track your blood pressure scores with an easy-to-read table and graph .If you have measured your blood pressure on your own and notice that it has been consistently higher than normal, it is recommended that you make an appointment with your doctor to have your blood pressure checked. In general, it is more important for your systolic (top) number to be in a healthy range.
The reason doctors prioritize high blood pressure treatment is because this condition puts you at greater risk for more severe heart or cardiovascular problems. These include heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, and heart failure.
High blood pressure can affect other parts of your body as well. The extra stress put on your arteries can cause damaged blood vessels in your eyes and kidneys, resulting in serious damage to both. Hypertension can also cause problems with memory. It can prevent you from processing new information and from learning properly.
Treatment for high blood pressure typically comes in two forms: medication and lifestyle changes. If your doctor determines you have high blood pressure, he or she may place you on a medication to help lower your blood pressure. According to physicians at WebMD, medications are most commonly used on people younger than age 60 who have blood pressure scores above 140/90 and on people older than 60 whose blood pressure consistently measures more than 150/90.
There are several types of medications doctors use to treat hypertension. Drugs called diuretics are usually the first kind doctors will prescribe for people with high blood pressure. Those who suffer from certain medical conditions may benefit from a different kind of drug such as ACE inhibitors. These medications are especially effective in people who have diabetes. Pill reminder apps, can be very helpful when it comes to taking and refilling a regular blood pressure medication. Don’t be alarmed if your doctor suggests experimenting with a variety of drugs to find out which one works best for you. Your doctor will probably schedule follow-up visits to make sure the medications are working properly and not affecting any other part of your body.
While drugs have been proven to help reduce hypertension, one of the most important steps you can take to lower your blood pressure is to begin several lifestyle changes with a focus on heart-healthy habits. If you are overweight or obese, your doctor may recommend losing weight through a specific diet and exercise routine.
It is often encouraged that people with high blood pressure adopt the DASH diet, which stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. Recommended by physicians, this diet promotes eating more fruits, vegetables, and low-fat diary foods, while cutting back on items that are high in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. For protein, doctors recommend eating foods rich in heart-healthy fats, or Omega-3 fatty acids. This means replacing red meat with options such as fresh fish and nuts.
Your doctor may also recommend that you adopt the DASH Sodium diet as well. Eating too much salt has been shown to increase your risk for developing hypertension. The DASH Sodium diet calls for reducing your sodium intake to 1,500 mg per day, or about 2/3 teaspoon of salt.
In addition to eating healthier, your doctor may prescribe an exercise regimen to help you lose weight and lower your blood pressure. Aerobic exercise is any kind of movement that gets your heart pumping and blood flowing through your body. Most doctors recommend adults over 18 get at least 2-1/2 to 3 hours of cardiovascular exercise each week. This averages out to 30 minutes of activity 5 days a week. These exercises can include walking briskly, swimming, bicycling, dancing, or even daily activities such as cleaning and taking the stairs.
High blood pressure is a disease that results mainly from environmental factors, and your risk of developing it increases with age. It has also been proven that hypertension runs in families. If your blood pressure score is steadily creeping upward, or if your family members have had experience with hypertension, there are several steps you can take to help prevent high blood pressure in your future. By maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding smoking, exercising regularly, watching your salt intake, and reducing your stress levels, you can significantly cut your chances of developing high blood pressure. In addition, recent studies have shown that eating select nutrients, including potassium, calcium, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, and garlic, can all help reduce your chances of developing high blood pressure.
Whether you have been diagnosed with hypertension or are looking to stay within the healthy blood pressure range, just a few small steps can make a dramatic difference in your overall heart health.
- Sprinkle confetti on the table or buffet. This works best if you place a plastic table cover first, and makes cleanup easier. Choose confetti in the team’s colors, or, if it’s available, buy confetti that is shaped liked sports balls. This is optional, but makes the centerpiece stand out more.
- Find balls of different sizes. You can use regulation-size balls, miniature party favors or toys shaped like sports balls. The balls can also serve as party favors. Arrange them in the center of the table.
- Fill team-colored balloons with helium. Attach each balloon to a piece of string or ribbon. If you want everything to look very coordinated, choose string or ribbon in the team’s colors.
- Attach one or two balloons to each sports ball. You could try tying them around the balls, but it is easiest to tape them down with good-quality Scotch tape. Make sure that you tape the balloons onto the underside of the balls so that the tape is hidden.
- Alternatively, if you only have one ball, tie a bunch of balloons together. Tape the bunch of balloons to the underside of the ball. This works best for footballs, basketballs, soccer balls and other large sports balls. If you have only one smaller ball, such as a baseball, tape the bunch of balloons to the table and place the ball on top of where you place the tape.
- Find a good pair of running shoes. There is nothing more unmotivating than a pair of running shoes that do more harm than good. Sneakers should be purchased from a store that specializes in running. That way, employees can send you on your way with a pair of running shoes that mold perfectly to your feet and provide the correct cushion and support.
- Find a place to run. One of the best things about jogging is that it doesn’t require a gym membership. In essence, the world is your treadmill. However, the weather can hinder running outside, and if you live in a region affected by severe seasons, you may want to consider jogging indoors during those months.
- Design your jogging program. Any cardio routine should include at least three days of exercise per week. Believe it or not, the more routine your program is, the easier you will find it to follow. Some people jog better in the morning, while others job better at night. Once you find your perfect time, pick three days a week to hit the streets. Of course, adding in an extra day or two of jogging when you have down time won’t hurt.
- Stretch before and after you run. There is no better end to any jogging program than an injury. However, most running injuries can be prevented with stretching. A brief warm-up followed by a good stretch will prepare you for any run, just as a quick cool-down and more stretching will you prepare you for the rest of your day.
- Stay motivated. Whether you push yourself to the next tree or keep track of the miles in a notebook, motivation is the key. Beginning a jogging program is not as hard as keeping it up. Maybe you need a running buddy to keep you on track, or maybe just an iPod to get you in the groove. Either way, find what it is that keeps your feet pumping and never let up.
- Wear high quality shoes. As a runner, it is wise to think of your running shoes as an important investment. Running is a tough exercise, and it places a tremendous amount of strain on your body, most notably your knees. Wearing a high quality pair of running shoes in the correct size goes a long way towards making you a more comfortable and capable runner, as well as lessening the impact and shock placed on your knees with each step. A high quality shoe offers a firm, well-padded sole, sufficient in-sole flexibility, and enough side tension and support to prevent your ankle from rolling excessively. A quality shoe is not necessarily an expensive shoe. Adequately evaluate and try on each individual pair of shoes to check for functionality and performance, regardless of price.
- Run on softer surfaces. Make a conscious effort to run on the grass instead of on the asphalt or pavement. The intense pounding that running places on your knees is greatly exacerbated when you run on hard, non-flexible surfaces. Other options include running on the sand at the beach, or even running at home or at the gym on a treadmill.
- Lose excess weight. Runners who are overweight place an extraordinary amount of stress on their knees. Running is tough enough on the knees without adding excess body weight to the equation. For every pound of excess body weight you lose, you reduce the load placed on your knees while running by about 3 to 4 pounds.
- Warm-up. Stretch your knees and lower body prior to starting any run. Whether that means doing squats, jumping jacks, deep-knee bends, or any other type of stretch or warm-up, always adequately loosen up and stretch your knees to prepare them for an impending run. A knee that is flexible and loose is a knee that performs better and be less likely to be injured during a run.
Start With the Feet
- It may be tempting to take the longest strides possible, but that won’t necessarily help you move any faster; in fact, this type of overstriding can produce extra impact and slow you down. Instead, focus on taking short, quick strides and keeping your body over your feet. Pay attention to your knee alignment, too; don’t let them bow out or collapse in as you jog. No matter which part of your foot hits the ground first, focus on rolling up and off through the balls of your feet. This means using the balls of your feet to push off with every stride.
- Stand tall with your chest up, then lean slightly forward from the waist; this is the ideal jogging posture. It’s easy to allow your body to crumple forward as you get tired. If you find yourself tiring out, remind yourself to keep your head and chest up; it almost always helps. Looking forward, instead of down at your feet, is another helpful technique. You can also focus on keeping your glutes engaged beneath your body; don’t let your backside stick out behind you as if you were sitting.
Watch Those Arms
- A little arm swing can help power your body through a natural stride, but don’t get carried away. Keep your arm movements minimal but relaxed and restrict them to just one plane of motion, swinging forward and backward at the sides of your torso. If you swing your arms across the front of your body, you’re just wasting energy. Focus on keeping your core engaged to minimize that cross-body arm movement.
- Go ahead and breathe naturally as you start jogging; taking quick, shallow breaths will tire you out a lot faster than deep, slow breaths because they restrict the amount of oxygen you take in. As you develop stamina you can try out breathing patterns timed to your footfalls — for example breathing in twice in a row, then breathing out twice, with each timed to a step. (See Ref 4)
Focus on Efficient Movement
- Jogging does require some effort — but before you run yourself into the ground, make sure you’re using that energy efficiently. Keep your hands loose and relaxed as you run. Although you should push up and off with every stride, keep the “up” to a minimum; if you bound up and down like a gazelle, you’re wasting valuable energy that could have been translated to forward movement. Finally, keep your feet pointing forward throughout the stride. Resist the temptation to plant them with the toes angled out, or to swing your feet out, then back in, with every step.
- Evaluate your physical condition and determine whether you’d be better off walking at first. Beginners, particularly those who are extremely overweight, should use caution when starting an exercise regimen. If you’re only slightly overweight and in good shape otherwise, jogging to lose weight may work well for you.
- Set a weight-loss goal. To lose 1 lb. per week, you need to burn 500 more calories each day than you consume. You can do this through exercise alone or through diet and exercise. Try reducing your caloric intake by 250 calories a day and burning at least 250 through exercise.
- Learn how many calories you burn per minute of exercise. Joggers who weigh 127 to 137 lbs. burn 9.2 calories a minute, and 160- to 170-lb. joggers burn 11.5 calories a minute. If you weigh in between 180 and 200 lbs. you’ll burn 12.7 calories a minute when jogging. Using 150 lbs. and 10 calories per minute as an average, simply add a zero to the number of minutes spent jogging and you’ll have an estimate of calories burned; 250 for 25 minutes, 300 for 30 minutes.
- Create a jogging schedule to follow throughout the week, varying your exercise routine for best results. Try jogging 15 minutes at a higher speed one day and 35 minutes at a slower pace the next. A few moderate 30-minute jog days in the mix will round out your schedule.
- Buy good running shoes and hit the road. Map out a few routes, and start slowly if you need to, working up to a faster pace.
- Choose a soft cotton fabric, or soft faux fur to make your aromatherapy eye pillow.
- Cut the fabric into a 12 inch wide rectangle, with the width being at least 3 inches. You can either make the eye pillow a simple rectangle, or you can cut 2 half-circles into one side of the length for room over the nose. Next, place the outside of the fabric so that it is facing each other, with the wrong side facing towards you. Sew a 1/2 inch seam around the two lengths and one width, so that there is one remaining width side open.
- Mix the flax seed or split peas with the dried lavender or sage. You can add about 3 drops of your favorite essential oil into the mixture, if desired.
- Fill the pillow with the mixture, and hand sew the last side to close.
- Squeeze the eye pillow once it has been sealed so that the scent can be distributed evenly. Then, place over the eyes and relax.
- Start with pranayama. Download the Divya Yog pranayama by Swami Ramdev or any other yoga and pranayama video. Learn how to proceed with the pranayama. Just have a trial and get accustomed to the video.
- Adopt a good diet plan which preferably has vegetables and fruits only.
- Learn the pranayamas so that you can do them as needed without referencing the video. There are 7 basic pranayamas or breathing exercises you must do before you start your yoga. According to their suitability for you, you can skip two or three. But do not skip the Bhastrika pranayama, Kapalbhati pranayama, and the Alom Vilom pranayama. These three are the keys to reducing weight. Practicing these three breathing exercises for 1 hour each day will result in the loss of as much as 25 pounds in a month.
- Practice the Kapalbhati pranayama for 10 minutes properly. Then move on to Bhastrika pranayama and repeat the exercise 12 or 15 times. Finally, practice the Alom Vilom pranayama whenever you want. You can do it when you are sitting idle or before going to sleep. Alom Vilom pranayama is also an excellent energizer. If you are stressed and have lot of work ahead then you can do Alom Vilom pranayama for 10 minutes and you will be back in form, as if you have just woken up fresh from 12 hours of sleep.
- After the breathing exercises select 5 basic yoga postures which you like. The yoga postures should be selected in such a way that you should be able to do it with a little effort and practice. Don’t select yoga postures that are too tough.
- Check your progress weekly. You will be surprised to see how much progress you are making.
- Buy your ingredients. Remember that you’re only using a small amount of your essential oils, so those little, seemingly pricey bottles will be economical in the long run. Most health food stores have essential oils to purchase along with small guides about which ones are safe for the skin and/or which make good cleansers. (You won’t be spraying your mat cleaner onto your skin of course, but a small residue may touch your skin when you practice next.) Look in the travel size section of your drugstore or department store for spray bottles and witch hazel.
- Create your custom blend. Tea tree oil will be the main ingredient in your yoga mat cleaner after water and witch hazel, so when you experiment with your oils, be sure to put that in first. Scale down the drops so you don’t waste your essential oils while you are testing. For example, you could try 5 tea tree drops with 2 lavender and 2 peppermint.
- Pour your master blended yoga mat spray into your spray bottle. Remember that your blend should have started with the base of 1 cup water, 1/4 cup witch hazel, and 30 drops tea tree oil – followed by any mixture of up to 40 drops of other essential oils. Going heavy on the lavender usually comes out very pleasant.
- Use your yoga mat cleaner. You can spray onto your mat before or after your yoga class (but if you use it after, your mat will be fresh for each practice). Spray a thin layer onto your mat and wipe off with a dry or slightly dampened cloth or paper towel. If you have time to let your mat dry before you need it again, you can get your mat a little wetter and use a little more spray.
While it is not essential to have a yoga room in order to practice yoga, you may find that creating a special space in your home provides inspiration, relaxation and tranquility for your yoga sessions. Create a yoga room that suits your needs and style.
Find a space in your home to convert to a yoga room, perhaps a spare bedroom or home office. If an entire room isn’t available, choose a corner in a low-traffic area in your house.
Paint the room a color that will inspire peace and tranquility. Consider light shades of blue, green, lavender or yellow. Install a dimmer switch to the lights. Alternately, use low-wattage or three-way bulbs in your lamps.
Leave enough wall space to practice poses that require wall support, such as restorative yoga poses. Otherwise, decorate the room with calming items like sculptures, artwork, shoji screens and candles. Print out inspirational quotes or order them in vinyl lettering to decorate your walls. Scent the room with incense, candles, essential oils or fresh flowers.
Fill the room with yoga essentials: a yoga mat, ball, blocks, strap, blankets and pillows. Build a library of yoga DVDs, CDs and books to inspire you.
Arrange your yoga mat to face a window. If the scenery outside your window is not calming, consider installing a frosted or stained glass film that lets in natural light.
Use the Two Methods of Breath for Bikram Yoga
- Study the two types of breath used during Bikram yoga: the 80-20 breath and the exhalation breath. Each is used during different poses and achieves different results within the body.
- Begin with the 80-20 breath. Take a deep breath. Lift your ribs. Engage and stretch your abdominal muscles, and then hold the breath as though you were about to go underwater. As you hold the posture, breathe normally, keeping your lungs 80 percent full. Exhale only the upper 20 percent of the breath and inhale into that upper 20 percent.
- Use the 80-20 breath for standing poses and back-bending poses. This breath builds energy and balance within each pose.
- Release air on an exhalation to move deeper into poses. The exhalation breath is as simple as it sounds. Once you move fully into the pose, breathing returns to normal.
- Apply the exhalation breath during forward-bending poses. It protects the lower back from strain, relaxes the body, assists in proper rotation of the pelvis over the thighs and compresses the digestive organs to aid in digestion.
- Train the organs of respiration to function properly. By utilizing the two breathing methods, you teach your abdominals to tone and stretch while you stand, which facilitates your posture.
Study the Importance of Breath in Yoga
- Go within. By focusing on your breathing, you disengage from the external world. Thoughts of work, family and obligation diminish, allowing you to connect with your true, inner self.
- Connect breath and movement. This mindfulness can help you move into and out of yoga postures in a safe, attentive way.
- Allow your breath to cleanse you. Deep breathing is more cleansing than our normal shallow breathing. Note how yoga breathing mimics the breathing of infants and young children while they sleep.
- Bring fresh, oxygenated blood into the body. Freshly oxygenated blood stems from healthy breathing patterns, allowing beneficial nutrients to enter the bloodstream.
- Take deep breaths to reduce stress. Yoga classes can reduce cortisol and adrenaline in your body, making you feel less stressed. Breathing is one way to immediately calm your body. Most people normally take quite shallow, unfocused breaths. During yoga, sit or stand up straight. Exhale the air completely out of your body, then drop your shoulders away from your ears, lift your sternum and tuck your chin slightly to expand your airways. Inhale fully, counting to three or five slowly until it feels like you’ve filled your belly, lungs and throat with fresh air. Exhale just as slowly.
- Complete vigorous standing postures, such as warrior II and reverse warrior. High-impact poses stimulate the endocrine system by powering up the body for action. To initiate warrior II, step back with your left foot and bend your right knee to 90 degrees. Activate your abdominal muscles, drop your shoulders down and extend your right arm in front of you while extending your left arm behind your back. Breathe deeply for five counts, then flip your right palm upwards and drop your left hand down to your extended back leg. Draw your right arm overhead, pointing your chest toward the ceiling while sliding your left hand further down your leg, keeping a light touch, to complete reverse warrior. Switch to work your left side.
- Power up in unsupported backbends to affect your endocrine system, according to Yoga Journal. Begin bridge pose by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet planted on the floor. Rest your arms alongside your body on the mat, palms down. On an inhale, lift your hips high and bring your arms directly below your back, interlacing your fingers and pressing your forearms into the mat. To transition to wheel, release your hands, bringing your palms to rest on the ground near your ears with your fingers pointed toward your toes. Inhale, straightening your arms and legs while keeping your head in neutral position. Breathe deeply for five counts.
- Target your immunity by engaging your body in upward-lifting movements through the chest, according to “Women’s Health” magazine. To complete upward-facing dog, lie on your belly with your palms pressing into the floor directly beneath your shoulders. Inhale, straightening your arms and lifting your torso from the floor. Keep your legs pressing into the ground and your back engaged as you inhale to lift a bit higher. In bow pose, lie on your belly with your knees bent. Reach back for the insides of your feet with your hands. Inhale, lifting your chest as you kick into your hands with your feet. Keep your back and shoulders strong as you lift your chest higher.
- According to MayoClinic.com, kids 6 and older need about an hour of physical activity each day, with most of this in the form of aerobic, or cardio, activity. This type of exercise can benefit children’s heart health, help them maintain a healthy weight and lessen their risk for diabetes and other illnesses. While organized aerobic activities, like a class or DVD, offer sufficient exercise, these may not hold their interest as much as other types of cardio. Activities like brisk walking, hiking, bicycling, swimming, roller skating or playing sports like soccer or basketball are all considered aerobic in nature, and most children enjoy doing these things. Finding exercises that your child enjoys is key, and you can develop their fitness plan around these.
- Strength training isn’t all about hitting the weight room and hoisting barbells over your head. With kids, you need to take a different approach when it comes to exercises that build and strengthen their muscles. Exercises that use their own body weight are usually sufficient, and these can be done in the form of pushups, pullups, squats or lunges. Tug-of-war or rowing also builds muscles, and cardio activities like skating or bicycling double as strength training exercises. If you do want to incorporate weights or other equipment into the routine, be sure to use light weights, gradually increasing the weight or resistance as your child becomes stronger. As part of a larger fitness plan, these types of activities should be done two to three times per week.
- Most children are naturally pretty flexible, but doing activities and exercises to maintain this is an important part of a fitness routine. Being flexible improves range of movement and posture, promotes physical and mental relaxation and can lessen children’s chances of injury in other activities. Kid-friendly flexibility exercises include basic stretches, like touching toes or reaching to the ceiling, but activities like gymnastics, tumbling, dance, martial arts and yoga also count toward flexibility exercises. These types of activities should be done every day, even if it’s just a series of simple stretches at the end of other exercises.
- The CDC recommends bone-strengthening activities three days a week for children. This type of exercise is typically done through ground impact, which puts force on the bones and stimulates growth and strength. Some activities that will do this are jumping rope, running, tennis or hopscotch; essentially, any movement that results in impact will serve as a bone-strengthening exercise. So challenge your kids to a game of jump rope or hop scotch to strengthen bones and have fun.
Physical fitness is a very important aspect of good health. People who are physically fit are less likely to get ill and more likely to recover quickly from illness. If you love to run five miles a day or are fascinated by the inner workings of the human muscle system, consider a career in this expanding field.
Make a Pact
- Carve them in stone, jot them in a notebook or use a nifty online tool like My Fitness Pal and set your goals down. Think short-term, long-term and everything in between. Commit to a whole year.
Whether you have 20 or 120 pounds of fat to lose, a year of giving your all to the dream of becoming leaner and healthier is not a lot to ask of yourself. Use the SMART template for goal setting. Choose Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-related goals.
As your own personal trainer, you are accountable for your progress and your success; and as such, you must be your own greatest cheerleader and motivator as well.
Keep it Real
- Be realistic when you sit down to figure out and record your fitness goals. Don’t schedule a 5K that’s taking place in two months until you know if you can get through a brisk 30-minute walk without collapsing on your couch afterwards. Fitness is a process.
To make the process easier, choose activities you think you’ll enjoy; and if you find you don’t, swap them out for something more fun and appealing. Keep in mind the recommended amount of exercise is 30 minutes of cardio five to seven days a week and at least two 20-minute sessions of strength training per week. Mix up your workouts to target different muscle groups and keep things interesting.
Go with the Flow
- The best fitness goals work with your lifestyle, not against it.
Look at your weekly schedule on Sunday night. Factor in work, appointments, social commitments and chores. If you have a spouse, you’ll want him or her on board for this whole process. Explain that you’re committed to your goals and ask for support and patience. Be willing to change gears if something comes up or doesn’t feel right. You may relish the thought of waking up super early and getting in a yoga class or a run; but if your internal clock doesn’t roll that way, exercise later in the day when your body may feel stronger.
Room to Improve
- Once you’re in the thick of it, exercising and committed, start thinking about adding to your goals.
If the most you can do at the start of your year-long weight-loss process is walk around the block at a moderate pace for 20 minutes, that’s okay. Soon you’re going to notice that your stamina has improved. That’s when you kick it up a notch and increase the pace and amount of time you walk. Any exercise you choose will have room for improvement. If you’re lifting 5-pound dumbbells and can perform one set of 12 reps of any chosen upper-body exercise easily, it’s either time to increase the amount of weight you lift or the number of sets and reps. Fitness goals work best when they’re changing for the better.
- Study kinesiology, anatomy and exercise physiology. Personal trainers need to understand how the body moves and responds to exercise to put together an effective fitness program. Personal trainers should consider becoming certified in CPR and first aid in case of an emergency.
- Earn a nationally recognized certification. California personal trainers who have a certification from a nationally recognized fitness organization will have more credibility with clients. Consider earning a certification from the American Council on Exercise or the National Academy of Sports Medicine. An exam must be passed to earn certifications from either agency.
- Start at a large gym to gain clients. Working at a gym as a trainer can allow you to meet prospective clients and gain experience as a trainer. Apply at large California gyms such as 24 Hour Fitness, Bally Total Fitness and California Family Fitness.
- Put together a mobile gym. California is home to many celebrities who are pressed for time and like their privacy. To gain high profile clients, consider putting together a gym you can take to a client’s home. Select aerobic equipment such as jump ropes, boxing gloves, exercise balls, free weights, an exercise bar and mini trampoline. All equipment should be easily transportable to a client’s home or office for a total body workout.
- Learn all the outdoor locations in your area that are good spots for a workout. California is known for its sunshine. Exercising outdoors is one option Californians may enjoy. For example, in southern California Venice beach is a good exercise spot because you can run on the beach, lift weights at the outdoor gym and rollerblade on the paved path.
- Emphasize your ability to work with people. One of the key elements of Curves clubs is the social atmosphere members enjoy. Oftentimes, a visit to Curves is the social highlight of the day. Owners will be looking for trainers who can make connections with members to keep them coming. Also, trainers must be comfortable with instructing members about how to use the strength-training machines.
- Tout your passion for health and fitness. On your application or in an interview, be sure to talk about your belief in good health and strength training for women. Curves focuses on the benefits of working out, including but not limited to weight loss. The gym’s client base is women over 40, so key benefits of exercise include maintaining bone density and keeping the heart strong.
- Mention sales experience. Part of the job of trainers at Curves is to bring in new members. Some clubs pay commissions for sales. Others offer other incentives. Owners are constantly trying to recruit new members, and trainers are key players in that effort. If you have sales experience, be sure to include it on an application and talk about it during an interview.
The healthcare system in Mexico is highly efficient. It offers supreme treatment to patients at a low cost. Medical practitioners, doctors and surgeons give first class treatment to patients offering good quality medical care for serious illnesses or conditions. The ministry of health and education keeps a check on the doctors in Mexico by assessing and monitoring them vigorously. Mexico is a leading country in medical tourism which has brought hope and healing to a lot of people. Many US travelers visit Mexico for the treatment of their condition where their specific conditions are handled effectively by doctors in Mexico who work closely with the patient to offer the best care. Hospitals and clinics are equipped with the best devices to treat the patients and serve their needs in a promising way. Therefore, millions of tourists seek medical care in Mexico.
There is no doubt that every physician in Mexico is highly skilled in his or her respective medical discipline. They are experts in their specialty, whether it is dental care, plastic surgery or any other specialty. Doctors, physicians and surgeons are trained in the best manner to give the right treatment to patients at a low cost. Though the cost would rather depend on the type and gravity of the illness, but the patients are given the best treatment at a reasonable rate in Mexico. Physicians in Mexico are committed to provide excellent customer services, and they have passion for quality and drive for continuous improvement without being rigid to find new ways to help the patients and allowing them to overcome their medical problems effectively.
Tijuana is the biggest city in Baja California which is popular for high quality dental care medical professionals and many Americans visit Tijuana for the same. Doctors in Tijuana attract a lot of patients from America who are seeking care. Dental issues are handled appropriately by the dental surgeons who would give the correct treatment to patients which results in early recovery. Specialists gather together from both sides of the border to study the condition of the patient in detail and develop a treatment which corrects the problems and give complete peace of mind to the patients. Doctors in Tijuana not only offer high quality basic care but even perform the surgical procedures like, bariatric surgery, orthopedic and others.
Medical tourism in Mexico has helped several patients in a great way to overcome the health challenges triumphantly. People from United States request for all types of medical specialists who can take care of them in a proficient way. Doctorss in Mexico and Tijuana give patients maximum comfort and support from the beginning to the end of treatment driving a hope in them to lead a healthy life.
Tijuana is the biggest city in Baja California which is popular for high quality dental care medical professionals and many Americans visit Tijuana for the same. Doctors in Tijuana attract a lot of patients from America who are seeking care. Dental issues are handled appropriately by the dental surgeons who would give the correct treatment to patients which results in early recovery. Specialists gather together from both sides of the border to study the condition of the patient in detail and develop a treatment which corrects the problems and give complete peace of mind to the patients. Doctors in Tijuana not only offer high quality basic care but even perform the surgical procedures like, bariatric surgery, orthopedic and others.
- Break the lug nuts loose on the front tires of your Jeep. Raise the front end of the Jeep off the ground with a jack and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts and remove the front tires. Locate the bolts on the back side of the brake calipers and remove them.
- Remove the brake caliper from the hub and set it aside. Support it either with wire or string so that it is not hanging on the rubber hose.
- Remove the brake rotor by pulling it straight off the wheel studs. Locate the three 12-point bolts on the rear of the hub and remove them. Do not use any thing other than a 12-point socket on these bolts or you may strip the heads.
- Pull the hub assembly and axle out of the knuckle. If the hub has never been removed, you may need to use a chisel to separate the hub from the knuckle.
- Locate the upper and lower ball joints. You will see a cotter pin at the base of both of the ball joints that needs to be removed using a set of needle-nose pliers. Discard the cotter pin as you will use a new one with the new ball joints.
- Remove the nuts on the base of each ball joint using a large socket and ratchet. You may need a breaker bar to break these loose if they are corroded or have never been removed.
- Separate the the ball joints from the knuckle by inserting a ball joint separator or pickle fork in between the knuckle and the ball joint and striking it with a dead blow hammer. The knuckle will likely pop off the ball joint very unexpectedly so be aware as you drive the separator in.
- Set the outer knuckle aside after you get it off the ball joints. You will need to use a ball joint press to remove the ball joint from the inner knuckle as it is a press fit.
- Position the ball joint press so that you are pressing the old upper joint up to remove and down to remove the lower joint. The press will come with many different size adapters so you will need to select the one that you need for your ball joints. Follow the directions in the kit to sort this out.
- Clean in and around the holes with a wire brush before installing the new joints. Press the new joints in using the press again but this time press the top one down and the bottom one up until they are fully seated in the knuckle.
- Slide the outer knuckle onto the new ball joints and install the nuts that came with them. You will need to torque the top castle nut to 75 foot-pounds and the lower to 80 foot-pounds. Install the new cotter pins and secure them by bending the ends around the nut.
- Reinstall the axle and hub into the knuckle and replace the three 12-point bolts, torquing them to 75 foot-pounds with your torque wrench. Add a little anti-seize compound the knuckle where the hub installs to make it easier to remove in the future.
- Reinstall the brake rotor and caliper onto the knuckle and tighten the two bolts holding the caliper. Reinstall the wheel and move to the other side of the Jeep. Repeat this process on the opposite side to complete the job.
- Jack the Jeep up and remove the jack stands. Lower the Jeep to the ground and test drive it to verify everything is working as it should be.
- T-ball is a sport that introduces the sport of baseball to young children. It is usually played by children that are between 4 and 6 years of age. It starts to teach them the basic concepts of how to be part of a team and to play with other children in an athletic event. It also introduces the basics of baseball to children as the positions in T-ball are very similar to baseball except for the pitcher and catcher positions.
- T-ball is a sport that introduces players to hitting a baseball. Instead of having the ball thrown to the hitter by a coach or another child the ball is placed on a stationary tee. The tee can be adjusted in height to the level of each player’s swing on the T-ball team so they can hit the ball effectively. Players can not strike out in T-ball, as they are allowed to swing until the player makes contact with the ball and hits it into fair territory. In T-ball, there are quite often additional defensive players on the field than in baseball, enabling everyone on a team to play in the game.
- The dimensions of a T-ball field are significantly different than even coach-pitch baseball leagues. The distance between the bases is only 50 feet apart. The pitcher’s mound is only 38 feet from home plate. Both of these distances are about 10 percent shorter than in coach-pitch leagues. In T-ball there is also a line drawn from the first base to third base line that is approximately fifteen feet from the tee the ball is hit off of. The ball is not considered in play until it passes that line. This line does not exist in coach-pitch baseball.
- T-ball starts to introduce children to the physical fitness benefits that playing the sport of baseball offers. Players learn about running the bases and chasing the ball in the field. T-ball also introduces a child to the basic concepts of baseball in a simpler environment. This allows players to learn the basics of baseball before having to adjust to hitting a pitched ball either by a coach or by one of the players on another team.
- Safety should be practiced in T-ball and emphasized heavily. Players must wear helmets even though a ball is not thrown for them to hit. Players must also learn that running into a player on another team in not permitted. If a player throws the bat while playing T-ball is should be explained to that player that throwing the bat is not permitted, and repeat offenses result in the batter being called out. This will help children learn the importance of safety while playing T-ball.
- Divide the players into 2 equal teams. 9 players a team is the traditional standard, but it can be played effectively with far fewer.
- Decide which team will take the offensive first. The offensive team will be batting and running the bases, while the defensive team will be pitching and trying to tag the offense with the ball.
- Pitch the ball if you’re on defense. Pitching a wiffle ball will take some getting used to because of the way a wiffle ball moves through the air. Once the batter hits the wiffle ball, you’ll want to try to tag them with the ball to get an “out.” When you get 3 outs, switch to offense.
- Bat the ball pitched to you if you’re on offense. You want to advance around the bases without being tagged by the ball.
- Switch places every 3 outs. Play for 9 innings where an inning equates to each team being at bat once.
- Score by completing a lap around all 4 bases while on offense. This gives your team 1 point and is referred to as a “run.” The team with the most runs at the end of the game will be dubbed the winner.
Basic Technique with Variations
- Strap on a float belt and ease into the deep end of a pool. Keep your arms relaxed and elbows bent 90 degrees. Hold your hands in a loosely clenched fist with your palms facing inward. An alternate position is with your hands open, fingers together, thumbs up and your palms facing inward.
- Lean slightly forward of vertical, and start moving your arms and legs opposite each other similar to the way you run on land. Keep your back straight and use an elliptical stride motion. Avoid the common errors of leaning too far forward or backward.
- Point your toes up when you lift the knee of your leading leg. Before your thigh becomes parallel with the bottom of the pool, extend your leg and reach forward with your foot. Drive your foot down and then back toward the back wall, leading with your heal. Imagine the bottom of your foot pushing off the bottom of the pool similar to the way you push off the ground when you run on land.
- Extend your hip and draw your foot up beneath your butt as you lift your knee to take another stride. Jason Fitzgerald, USATF-certified coach, recommends using a quick turnover rate of 180 strides per minute.
- Remove your float belt to intensify water jogging. To stay afloat, make a slight change in technique. Increase your stride and turnover rate and lift your knees higher. While this demands more energy and makes for a harder workout, your running form may be compromised.
- Move to chest-high water for tethered running. Tie one end of resistance tubing to a sturdy part of the pool, such as a lane line hook, and secure the other end around your waist. Run forward to see how far you can stretch the tubing. Try to stretch the tubing farther with each attempt.
- Perform a 10-minute dynamic warm-up on land. Engage in moderate aerobic activities with movements similar to running to activate your muscles and prepare your body for the workout. Activities might include high-knee marching or a light jog on a treadmill.
- Ease into the deep end of the pool and start with a 10-minute easy water jog. Jeff Gaudette, running coach and founder of RunnersConnect, recommends using an easy, run recovery pace — maintain a heart rate between 65 to 75 percent of your maximum heart rate.
- Pick up your pace and sprint for 60 seconds. Gaudette defines a sprint pace as a hard effort — maintain a heart rate between 95 to 100 percent of your maximum heart rate. Follow this with an easy, run recovery pace for 30 seconds.
- Increase to a sprint pace for 90 seconds followed by another 30-second easy, run recovery pace. Continue the pattern of a hard sprint followed by a 30-second recovery pace, adding 30 seconds each time to the sprint times until you reach a three-minute sprint.
- Continue the pattern, but reduce the sprint times by 30 seconds each time until you reach a one-minute sprint. Cool down with a 10-minute easy water jog.
- Purchase proper running shoes. In order to get the right shoe, you must figure out your foot’s pronation. Pronation is the way the foot rolls from heel to toe on each stride. To determine your level of pronation, grab one of your old sneakers and look at the sole. Your foot overpronates if most of the shoe wear is on the medial (inside) side. Runners who overpronate should buy motion-control running shoes. Your foot underpronates if most of the shoe wear is on the lateral (outside) side. Runners who underpronate should buy cushioned running shoes. You have a neutral stride if the wear on the underside of your sneaker is uniform across the forefoot. Runners with neutral strides should buy stability running shoes.
- Sit down with a calendar and plan your running schedule. Try to find three or four days a week where you can dedicate at least half an hour to running. Space out the days to give your body a chance to rest and recover. According to Running Times, you should try to run in the late afternoon or early evening. This is the time of day when body temperature peaks, allowing muscles to be loose and supple. A study conducted at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center bolsters this opinion, revealing that lung function is more than 6 percent better in the afternoon hours than at other times during the day.
- Complete a five minute warmup walk before beginning each and every exercise.
- Alternate 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking during Week One. Do this for 20 minutes uninterrupted. According to Runners World, alternating between jogging and walking is a good way to increase heart rate levels while reintroducing your body to the rigors of exercise.
- Complete two rounds of the following exercise each day during Week Two: jog 200 yards (or jog for 90 seconds), walk 200 yards (or walk for 90 seconds), jog 400 yards (or jog for three minutes), walk 400 yards (or walk for three minutes). According to Cool Running’s Couch-to-5k Running Plan, it is more important to increase stamina and endurance during the early weeks of your running routine than it is to worry about speed.
- Complete one round of the following exercise each day during week three: jog 1/4 mile (or jog for three minutes), walk 1/8 mile (or walk for 90 seconds), jog 1/2 mile (or jog for five minutes), walk 1/4 of a mile (or walk for 150 seconds), jog 1/4 mile (or jog for three minutes), walk for 1/8 mile (or walk for 90 seconds), jog for 1/2 mile (or jog for five minutes).
- Complete one round of the following exercise each day during Week Four: jog 1/2 mile (or jog for five minutes), walk 1/4 mile (or walk for three minutes), jog 3/4 mile (or jog for eight minutes), walk 1/4 mile (or walk for three minutes), jog 1/2 mile (or jog for five minutes).
- Jog 2.5 miles (or jog for 25 minutes) at a comfortable pace during week five.
- After completing week five exercises, continue to add distance or time to your runs if you feel like you can. Increase distance by a maximum of 10 percent each week going forward if you haven’t already reached your initial goal.
- Choose the right iPod model for jogging. Avoid the larger “Classic” hard drive based iPods as the constant movement can cause the drive to fail. Stick with the flash-based iPods such as the Nano or Shuffle with no moving parts. The shuffle is tiny and clips to your shirt; the Nano is a bit larger and allows you to view and access a wider selection of music.
- Use a protective case and arm band. There is always the chance of the iPod falling onto the pavement when jogging. Using a protective covering to absorb any shock and minimize the damage is wise; using an armband to hold the iPod in place without the worrying of holding it in your sweat hands is even wiser. Buy an arm band/case that fits your particular model.
- Use sport headphones. Sport-style headphones are usually sweat-resistant and wrap around the ear so they don’t fall loose. There are many different styles; ask a runner friend or a sport shop which particular brand and style of sport headphones they recommend.
- Fill your iPod with blood-pumping, inspiring music. There’s nothing like a little “Eye of the Tiger” or old school “Jock Jams” to push you that extra mile. There’s a great, free podcast in iTunes called PodRunner that consistently releases techno-inspired mixes with a specific BPM to keep you on your pace.
- Use the Nike+ Sports Kit. Apple and Nike teamed up to release a great iPod add-on that tracks your distance, pace, time and calories burned during your workout. A receiver plugs into the bottom of your iPod and a sensor fits in your shoe to track your steps. Sync your iPod with iTunes after your runs and your workout data is uploaded to Nike’s website full of beautiful graphs to keep track of your progress.
- Develop a good warm up routine. It will help your blood circulate and get more oxygen flowing to your muscles. This will help keep you flexible and prepare your body for the demands of jogging. It will speed up your heart rate, which will minimize the amount of stress on your heart from the jog. Begin by walking slowly for five minutes. Gradually intensify until you are walking at a brisk pace. Stretch for about five minutes before beginning your jog.
- Gradually shift from walking to jogging. Do this by alternating between jogging and brisk walking. Continue alternating between the two for 20 minutes. Remember to walk immediately after you finish jogging. This will keep the muscles you used during the jog from feeling worn down and it will improve your endurance, allowing you to jog further.
Over time, you can gradually increase your running time and decrease your walking.
- Check your jogging form. Jogging in the proper form can reduce the amount of stress on your body. Keep your eyes focused straight ahead. Don’t look down at your feet. As you jog, the ball of your foot should land on the ground first, and then your foot should roll forward until your toes touch the ground. This will help prevent strains or injuries to your foot. Keep your fists gently closed near your waist. Tightening your hands can cause strain to your neck and shoulders. Keep your arms bent at a 90-degree angle and let them move from back to front.
- Pay attention to your breathing. This will help you determine if you are jogging at a speed that your body can handle. You should be able to participate in a conversation when you jog. If your breathing is labored, you are moving too fast.
- Give yourself a cooling off period. Get into the habit of doing a cool down routine at the end of each jogging session to help your body gradually slow down from your jog. Start with a brisk pace and then walk slowly for about five minutes, followed by five minutes of stretches.
- Engage your abdomen throughout the yoga routine to activate the innermost layer of ab muscles, the transverse abdominis. Inhale deeply. As you exhale, pull your belly button in toward your spine, feeling your abdominal muscles tighten. Engaging your core will protect your spine while strengthening your abdominal muscles. For men, an engaged core ensures that all of the abdominal muscles are contracting during the exercises, resulting in long, lean muscles rather than only bulking up the top layer of muscle, the rectus abdominis.
- Create a routine focused on the abdomen. A well-rounded yoga routine will both stretch and strengthen the ab muscles, allowing them to become long and lean. Men can use their arm and shoulder strength to their advantage as they perform postures that flatten the stomach. Poses that require a great deal of arm and abdominal strength include plank, upward plank and side plank poses, sphinx and cobra and upward dog. Boat pose builds abdominal strength by lifting and holding your legs off the mat. Mix the strengthening poses with those that stretch the abs, like camel, warrior I, upward bow or seated twist pose to form a routine that focuses on the abdomen.
- Include breathing practice in your routine. Known as pranayama, a Sanskrit word loosely meaning, “expansion of the range of vital energy,” regular breathing practice circulates fresh blood and oxygen to your body’s organs, releases and reduces stress and strengthens your abdominal muscles. Begin by sitting in a comfortable position. Inhale through your nose, pulling the breath into your abdomen, chest and rib cage until you are full like a balloon. Slowly exhale through your nose, controlling the breath and releasing it first from the ribs and chest and finally the abdomen. Pull your belly button in toward your spine to release all of the air. Pause for a moment and repeat several times.
Breathe Your Chest Open
- Anahata, or the Heart chakra, is intimately linked to the breath — its energy color is the green of fresh beginnings and its element is air. Practicing yoga Cleansing Breath or Kapalabhati relaxes tense chest muscles and releases the diaphragm, opening the entire chest. In a comfortable seated posture, focus on your heart area as you breathe strongly and quickly in and out. Inhale through your nostrils, a deep full breath that expands your abdomen and lungs. Then tighten your lower abdomen, pulling your navel sharply toward your spine, as you exhale explosively and immediately inhale to continue the flow. Repeat the inhalation-exhalation eight to 10 times for each round of Kapalabhati you perform. The asana involves very dynamic breathing and may not be appropriate for anyone with high blood pressure or heart disease, or who is pregnant.
Camel Arch Chest Opener
- Ustrasana, or Camel pose, specifically targets the Heart chakra with a kneeling backbend that powerfully opens the chest. Kneel on your mat, knees slightly apart and toes curled under. Reach back with your left hand and grasp your left ankle. With the right hand, grasp the right ankle. Push your hips forward to line up with your knees. On the inhalation, arch back, lifting your hips and bringing your head back, chin to the ceiling, as you stretch and open your throat. Hold the stretch, breathing evenly, for about 30 seconds. Move your hands to support your lower back to gently come out of the pose. If you have high or low blood pressure, insomnia or a neck injury, check with your certified yoga instructor before attempting Camel pose.
Uncoiling a Snake
- Cobra pose, Bhujangasana, makes your back bendy and expands your chest, opening the Heart chakra. Lie face down on your mat with your arms crossed under your forehead. Move your arms down along your sides and raise your head, looking up and bending your lower back. Place your hands palms down next to your chest and push up, increasing the arch in your spine and bearing most of the weight on your arms and hands. Push your chest forward and tilt your head back, increasing the stretch with every breath and keeping your buttocks and thighs relaxed, elbows close to the body and tops of feet flat on the floor. Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds and then release downward on an exhalation. Skip Cobra pose if you have carpel tunnel injury, a headache or back problems.
Supported Bound Angle Pose
- The hip and groin opener Supta Badha Konasana, or Bound Angle pose, relaxes your whole body and, with carefully arranged props, opens the chest and Heart chakra. Sit on the floor or on a folded blanket, bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet together. Pull your heels as close as you can to your pelvis. You might use a yoga strap around your lower hips and joined feet to hold your feet together as you lie back with a bolster lengthwise under your spine, a block under each knee, a folded blanket under your neck and head and another folded blanket under each extended arm. The bolster under your back opens your chest as the full-body stretch releases stress. Breathe slowly and deeply and stay in the restorative pose for five to 20 minutes. If you have knee or lower back injuries, avoid Bound Angle pose.
- Personal trainers assist individuals in workouts both with weights and with cardio activities such as running. Personal trainers focus on the needs and desires of the individual and assist them in “getting back into shape.”
- Athletic trainers differ from personal trainers in that they usually work with a team or program. Athletic trainers are not only knowledgeable in personal fitness, but they also treat athletic injuries.
- Recreation coordinators are hired by recreation centers and departments to design and coordinator physical activities. Every year they hold leagues, tournaments and one-day events to promote personal fitness.
- Nutritionists work with individuals to improve on eating habits and help people go on diets. Nutritionists understand the food pyramid really well, and know how much and what type of ingredients to eat.
- Professional weightlifters are the people you see on TV with cartoon-like biceps. They constantly work out with weights, attend shows and promote personal fitness at schools and events.
Starting with a Kiddie Pool
Start small by setting up a kiddie pool, sans water. Get in the pool and encourage your dog to come in with you. If she’s distracted or hesitant, attach a leash to her collar and gently walk her into the pool. Say “Let’s swim” or a similar command, and issue it consistently whenever you want your dog to get in the pool. Praise and treat your dog for getting in to create a positive association. When you want your dog to exit the pool, say “All done” or another command of your choosing. Just be sure to use the same command every time so your dog associates the words with the action.
Fill the pool with an inch or two of water and repeat. When your dog is in the pool, toss a few floating treats or a toy into the water and let your dog go after them.
Add another inch or two to the water and again offer treats. Help your dog become accustomed to turning right, left and in a complete circle by leading him with treats and the leash. You want him to be comfortable with changing directions while swimming so that when he’s in a big pool, he can maneuver to the steps or ramp when he’s ready to exit.
Continue to have play sessions in the kiddie pool, adding an inch or two more water each time until you reach the point where the pool is full.
Moving Up to the Big Pool
When your dog is comfortable and happy playing in the kiddie pool, it’s time to graduate to the big pool.
Start by encouraging your dog to take a few steps toward the pool. Reward each step with an irresistible treat and lots of praise. Sit at the pool’s edge and dangle your feet in the water. Encourage your dog to come beside you.
With your dog on-leash, get in the pool and stand on the first step or near the top of the ramp. Encourage your dog to take a step or two into the water. Give the same entry command that you used in your kiddie pool training. You may tug gently on the leash or place your dog’s front paws in the water on the first step, but allow the dog to maintain control over how far he goes. Treat and praise him when he makes contact with the water and with each subsequent step.
Venture a foot or two from the entry point and show your dog how to get out. Once your dog immerses herself in the water, turn around and show her how to use the steps or ramp to get out. Help her turn with the leash or by holding her life jacket, and lead her to the steps or ramp.
In the coming days, continue to practice getting in and out of the pool, and encourage your dog to venture a little farther from the steps or ramp each time. Practice finding the exit from different points in the pool. Limit training sessions to five minutes, and allow your dog to rest, go potty and get a drink of water between sessions.
Imagine this scenario: Firefighters are enjoying a calm evening around the fire station and then suddenly they get a call for a structure fire. The firefighters are expected to work at high aerobic capacities for at least the next hour in order to extinguish this fire. The question is: Are the firefighters healthy enough to complete the task and survive?
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) estimates that there are approximately 1.1 million active volunteer and career firefighters in the United States of America. The vast majority of these firefighters are volunteers that serve rural communities with populations less that 25,000 people. The majority of career firefighters in the United States are required to pass some kind of physical fitness assessment, however volunteer fire departments around the country do not put an emphasis on physical fitness for their firefighters.
Contrary to common beliefs, the majority of on-duty firefighting deaths are not due to the actual fire the firefighters are trying to control, but instead due to underlying cardiovascular disease. Approximately 45% of on-duty deaths are due to cardiac events, which occur mostly during fire suppression, training and alarm response (FEMA). In order to help prevent this alarming trend, the National Institute for Occupation Safety and Health (NIOSH) has repeatedly suggested the need for annual ‘fitness for duty’ medical evaluations and the need for mandatory cardiovascular fitness and wellness programs for firefighters.
With these alarming statistics regarding the deaths and poor cardiovascular health of firefighters, it is crucial to inform this occupational cohort of the dangers of an unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle. In order to prevent future deaths of our nation’s first responders, we should take the advice of NIOSH and implement mandatory fitness and wellness programs for firefighters.
Firefighter Fatalities Statistics and Reports’, 2013) <http://apps.usfa.fema.gov/firefighter-fatalities/fatalityData/statistics
- Kunadharaju, T. D. Smith, and D. M. DeJoy, ‘Line-of-Duty Deaths among U.S. Firefighters: An Analysis of Fatality Investigations’, Accid Anal Prev, 43 (2011), 1171-80.
At present, high blood pressure is a common problem reported in health centers. What are the natural ways to reduce your blood pressure levels? This is a common question asked by many people across the world. In this article, we are going to see some of the natural ways to get rid of hypertension problems. Do you like to drink beetroot juice? If yes, drink it daily to get rid of high blood pressure problems. Beetroot juice is renowned for health benefits like widening of arteries. It widens arteries and improves blood circulation. Apart from improving blood circulation, beetroot juice is also famous for preventing allergic reactions.
If you are a person suffering from hypertension problems, feel free to include beetroot juice in daily diet. How does it work? This is a common question asked by many people. Generally, beetroot juice converts nitrate present in composition to nitrite. This widens arteries which in turn improves blood circulation. Cayenne pepper is another safe cure for high blood pressure problems. Today, you can easily get cayenne pepper in the form of capsules. It improves blood circulation and reduces the risk of hypertension. Cinnamon, a common ingredient added for the preparation of food recipes is a safe cure for treating many health issues. If you wish to get the best health benefit, feel free to include cinnamon powder in the food recipes that you prepare.
Coconut water is found to be very effective in curing blood pressure level. It is a potent composition of ingredients like potassium. It strengthens blood vessels and improves blood circulation naturally. If possible, try to drink coconut water daily in the morning. This habit not only widens blood vessels, but also cures common health issues like fatigue. Do you like to include almond milk in daily diet? If yes, this habit is very effective in treating hypertension.
Almond milk, enriched with potassium and omega 3 fatty acid can improve bone health and cardio vascular health. It improves the energy level of user and treats a wide range of health issues like heart failure. Garlic, a common ingredient added for the preparation of food recipes is a natural cure for many hypertension problems. Garlic, enriched with allicin compounds widens blood vessels and treats a wide range of health risks. Today, you can easily get garlic products like tablets and extracts from online shopping market.
We are now going to see the details of Stresx, a common herbal cure for hypertension problems. Today, this natural product is a safe cure prescribed for people under all age groups. If you are a person suffering from health issues like hypertension, feel free to include this herbal cure in daily diet. It widens arteries and prevents the formation of stress in blood vessels. Those people in search of the best cure to treat hypertension can make use of Stesx. To attain the best health result, it is recommended to include Stresx twice per day. You can use it directly with milk and water.